Articles and recorded shows which include ideas and information which tackle dealing with mental health issues in combination with a business.
What's Going To Be Happening
We are launching a series of radio shows, articles and potentially a whole project based on starting or running a business and dealing with mental health issues.
The idea for this as a key topic started after we had a number of show guests who were talking about their business, and who just happened to also be dealing with things like depression, addictions, bipolar and anxiety problems.
The next idea was that some of these people were a success BECAUSE they had these issues, and not IN SPITE of them.
So, rather than a massive struggle, could it be that running a business and mental health issues go hand in hand as a prescription for success?
Here's an idea of the topics we could be covering:
- Managing the side effects of medication
- Forging ahead with your business whilst you get your head around the other stuff that's going on
- Experiences on how, why and what to tell clients - if anything!
- How to charge for services which are helping other people dealing with mental health issues
- Setting up a not-for-profit or 'community support' business
- Getting sponsorship or other types of support for your business venture
And this isn't exhaustive, we want your ideas about challenges and opportunities as well. We want to develop this into a community initiative to help you and help others.
There are a number of ways you can become involved:
- Take part in a live show as a guest in the studio or by phoning in. The show broadcasts live every Thursday at 11am BST and the studio is in Ashford, Kent, UK. We can accept phone in's internationally and regularly have guests call in from the USA and Canada.
- We are considering recording mini-podcast episodes off air which can then be included as snippets in the live show or as stand along broadcasts to be published on iTunes and our website.
- Writing or recording an article, which could be your story, your advice or perhaps your business approach to planning.
This project is evolving and this is just the start.
If you have been sent here because you have already connected with us on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, or have emailed in then please fill out the form on the right. If you don't want to take part directly but would like to be kept up to date with what is happening, then we have an email list for you to join.
If you don't want to take part directly but would like to be kept up to date with what is happening, then we have an email list for you to join.
Just one more thing - what we won't be doing is talking medical statistics or talking about specific treatments. This is about success and the future.
Radio Shows, Articles and Stories
Tell Us A Bit About Yourself
If you would like to be involved, please tell us a little bit about yourself and we will get back to you asap.